Friday, July 8, 2016

A look at the past

Hello!
I have been cleaning up screenshots folder today and I came across some old screenshots I have taken a copule of months ago. While I have been watching them, I came up with an idea of creating short article to show how The Tanks have changed.


Let's start with the first screenshot:


This one is not the oldest. The game was still in isometric view here. Player tank has the oldest model. Old GUI panel. But environment controller was already implemented here, because the cacti is on the screen.


This is propably one of the oldest screenshots I've taken. I remember, I have sent this one to my girlfriend to show her explosion effect. By the way, it's probably the best screenshot of explosion animation I have ever taken. I have been trying many times to do it again.



This one has never been publiced before.  It is a test of background generating in main menu screen. I have replaced the image with well-known The Tanks title screen a copule of seconds after taking this screenshot.


First look at the trucks. They were initially made to be deadly dangerous, because they were supposed to explode and destroy everything around after being shot.


One of the first screenshots showing alternative background. This texture is no longer in use actually, but I might use it once again somewhere.

On the contrary, a screenshot with new road texture:


It was a long road from The Tanks humble beginings to point, where we are standing today. I hope that some day, I will be showing you this screenshot to show you again, how my game has evolved. For now - I wish you a good day!
Stay tuned!

No comments: