Saturday, April 9, 2016

Special abilities

Hello!
I have been thinking lately about adding special player abilities system. Player will be given a possibility to choose one of the special abilities at the beginning, or pick up new ability in a bonus. The first ability that comes to my mind is temporary impenetrable shield. That shield will also bounce every bullet, that hit a player.


The second ability would be of course a speed boost. I still think about player tank turret rotation. I am unsure, that this change would make the game too easy. Thats, why I think about enabling turret rotation as an abillity.

Another abillity will be temporary fire rate boost, that will increase fire rate and recoil for multiple times.

All boost abillities will be collected as pick-up bonuses. I think about two systems - one that allows players to collect the abillities (charges) and use them on demand and second, that will activate when player picks up a bonus - it's simpler but gives players less possibilities.

No comments: