Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dev diary

Hi!
I haven't been writing for a long time, because I started temporary job to earn a little to boost my projects, especially invest in Steam Greenlight. But I have not suspended work at my projects completely.

In The Tanks, I have polished a copule of issues. With new abilities and knowledge learnt while making Microbe, I see a lot of places, that can be tweaked to work better. I have fixed all issues with multiplayer and started to leard how to implement multiplayer via internet. There are a copule of things I want to fix before next release, and next update will be propably the first and the only where I release both browser and standalone version. Next updates will be only standalone, because a copule of things (like resolution, graphics settings etc.) are limited by a browser version and I want to add some kind of profile manager, options saving, etc. But I might update browser version some day as well.

Microbe starts to look the way I want to. Lastly, I have added faction systems, faction overview screen and started to rework AI to better suit my needs. Microbes can at least strike back the opponents, but the interaction system I have implemented at the beggining is not satisfying all my needs and causes some bugs while attacking.

In other news, I have updated Unity to the newest version. That fixed a crash that occured frequently and was really pissing me off. I have also watched Warcraft today.

No comments: