Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Moje poszukiwania Ethana Cartera/My looking for Ethan Carter

English version: 
Hi!
Yesterday, I decided to do my "game" homework and play The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, thanks to my friend, who provided me the opportunity to play it on Steam. He has spoken very positively, all the time saying, that it is worth the time, makes me wow and has a great story. So I decided to take a break from coding and play the production of the polish studio: The Astronauts.


The beginning - very positive. Cute main menu, very minimalist. As for me - unusual approach to the subject. I like it, although I preffer the traditional menu style. A few clicks in the options (very rich!) and I jumped into the game.

First Look - minimalism! Complete lack of interface. I think - okay, it has to be fashionable and unusual, so I do not complain. The first puzzle - those goddamn traps in the forest. I'll tell you sincerely, that at the beggining I was probably too stupid for this game. I walked through the forest and ran into the trap falling from a tree. I made interaction, there was little cloud vision - I tthought, probably as it should be. I went ahead and ran into the bridge at the end of which stands trolley. I thought, it will be fine, I watched the stream of Wonziu (at least two minutes of it) it will handle this. I examined trolley, there was a pile of sentences about the crank and the blood trail and the screen was suddenly attacked by the cranks - literally! The screen was buried under a "crank" sentence. These subtitles as intrusive flock of flies began to attack my character obscuring the vision of the world. The world, which is lovely, but more on that in a minute.


I went on. I run into two shopping bags and a pool of blood. The main character began its deliberations and it turen out that these bags are cut legs! I folowed the blood trail and found the body, and there began my drama - perhaps an hour looking for the damn crank! While trying to find it, I solved the riddle of the traps, an astronaut and a house full of portals!

Resigned, I started to admire the landscape. A true masterpiece! I have not seen so beautiful views for a long time. Skyrim can hide, Chernarus too. Looking from the dam on the distant landscape  was so damn relaxing that I stopped even angry with that damn crank.



I finished the game in about 3 hours. I found the crank and this damn bloody stone too. Honestly, I think that if not for these moments with the search for objects, I would have finished this game in an hour.

As for the end - very unusual. To be honest, I was surprised and left unsure. The idea for the game - great, realization- too, but those puzzles, actually "puzzles", annoying, by the need to seek a stupid stone, which is a must to put in its place. Annoying, attacking subtitles, and no journal for the writings. I know, it was supposed to be that way, but for me it is a conn.


Summary? Worth seeing, but is it is not a must-have. Gameplay is very short, it could do with more puzzles. I see in this game unused potential.

ps. I hope translation is undestandable. I can usually speak english, but when I try to translate polish grammar into english sometimes a new language is born :-D 





Polish version:

Hej!
Wczoraj postanowiłem odrobić "growe" zaległości i zagrać w Zaginięcie Ethana Cartera dzięki uprzejmości mojego znajomego, który udostępnił mi tę możliwość na Steam. Do gry nastawił mnie bardzo pozytywnie, cały czas mówił, że warto, że wow, że miażdży fabułą. Postanowiłem więc zrobić sobie przerwę od kodowania i zagrać w produkcję rodzimego studia: The Astronauts.


Początek - bardzo pozytywny. Śliczne menu główne, bardzo minimalistyczne. Jak dla mnie - nietypowe podejście do tematu. Podobało mi się, mimo iż jestem raczej zwolennikiem tradycyjnego menu. Kilka kliknięć w opcjach (bardzo bogatych!) i już byłem w grze.

Pierwsze spojrzenie - minimalizm! Zupełny brak interfejsu. Myślę sobie - okay, ma być modnie i nietypowo, nie narzekam. Pierwsza zagadka - te nieszczęsne pułapki w lesie. Powiem wam szczerze, że początkowo byłem chyba za głupi na tą grę. Idąc przez las wpadłem na tą pułapkę spadającą z drzewa. Wykonałem interakcję, pojawiła się maleńka chmurka wizji - myślę, pewnie tak ma być. Poszedłem dalej i wpadłem na most na którego końcu stoi drezyna. Myślę sobie, nie będzie źle, oglądałem stream Wonzia (tzn. 2 minutowy fragment) to dam radę. Badam drezynę, pojawia się stos równoważników zdań o korbie i śladach krwi i nagle ekran atakuje stado korb - dosłownie! Ekran był zasypany zdaniem "Korba!". Napisy te, jak natrętne stado much zaczęły atakować moją postać przesłaniając wizję na świat. Świat, który jest prześliczny, ale o tym za chwilkę.


Poszedłem dalej. Wpadam na dwa worki i kałużę krwi. Główny bohater zaczyna swoje rozważania i okazuje się, że te worki to ucięte nogi - coś tu chyba nie wyszło. Po śladach krwi doszedłem do ciała i tu zaczął się mój dramat - chyba z godzinę szukałem tej cholernej korby! Próbując ją znaleźć rozwiązałem zagadkę z pułapkami, astronautą i z domem pełnym portali!

Zrezygnowany zająłem się podziwianiem krajobrazu. Prawdziwy majstersztyk! Tak pięknych widoków nie widziałem od dawna. Skyrim może się schować, Czarnoruś też. Patrzenie z tamy na krajobraz z oddali było tak cholernie relaksujące, że przestałem się nawet gniewać na tę cholerną korbę.


Grę udało mi się ukończyć po jakichś trzech godzinach. Korbę znalazłem, ten cholerny zakrwawiony kamień też. Szczerze powiem, że gdyby nie te momenty z poszukiwaniem przedmiotów, to grę ukończyłbym może w godzinę.

Co do zakończenia - bardzo nietypowe. Szczerze powiem, zaskoczyło mnie. Pomysł na grę, świetny - realizacja też, ale zagadki, a właściwie "zagadki" irytujące, przez konieczność poszukiwania głupiego kamienia, który koniecznie trzeba odłożyć na miejsce. Irytujące, atakujące napisy przedmiotów do znalezienia i brak dziennika z zapiskami bardzo mnie bolały. Wiem, że miało tak być, ale mnie te elementy akurat wcale się nie spodobały.

Podsumowanie? Warto zobaczyć, ale must-have to to nie jest. Gra bardzo krótka, przydałoby się więcej zagadek. Czuję w tej grze niewykorzystany potencjał.